- RSS Channel Showcase 4560627
- RSS Channel Showcase 9852562
- RSS Channel Showcase 4930306
- RSS Channel Showcase 4606323
Articles on this Page
- 07/24/14--10:18: _Quit Wine-ing?
- 07/25/14--09:08: _4 Summer Tech Ideas...
- 07/25/14--09:57: _Practical Ways to C...
- 07/28/14--01:29: _The Infinite Cat Pr...
- 07/28/14--08:32: _Free Ringtones (iPh...
- 07/29/14--08:42: _Part 2: Conversatio...
- 07/29/14--09:22: _College Ministry My...
- 07/30/14--07:43: _Share a Coke…
- 07/31/14--08:07: _Me and Parents in Y...
- 07/31/14--09:14: _Being Tempted by th...
- 07/31/14--13:09: _Best All-time Inven...
- 08/01/14--08:27: _Wanted: Parents
- 08/01/14--17:33: _LTYM: 4 Things To D...
- 08/03/14--08:39: _The Secret Agenda o...
- 08/04/14--10:20: _Random Randomness
- 08/04/14--14:40: _Getting Students to...
- 08/05/14--12:27: _Parent Meetings
- 08/06/14--08:57: _Spotify Finally Wor...
- 08/07/14--08:50: _3 Questions Every L...
- 08/07/14--09:03: _Leading (RIGHT) Fro...
- 07/24/14--10:18: Quit Wine-ing?
- 07/25/14--09:08: 4 Summer Tech Ideas to Connect
- 07/25/14--09:57: Practical Ways to Create Family Time
- 07/28/14--01:29: The Infinite Cat Project
- 07/28/14--08:32: Free Ringtones (iPhone)
- 07/29/14--08:42: Part 2: Conversations Matter!!
- 07/29/14--09:22: College Ministry Myth: You don’t have to deal with parents
- 07/30/14--07:43: Share a Coke…
- 07/31/14--08:07: Me and Parents in Youth Ministry
- 07/31/14--09:14: Being Tempted by the BLAHS
- 07/31/14--13:09: Best All-time Invention For Parents…? Youth Group Leaders?
- 08/01/14--08:27: Wanted: Parents
- 08/01/14--17:33: LTYM: 4 Things To Do This Fall!!!!
- 08/03/14--08:39: The Secret Agenda of Students
- 08/04/14--10:20: Random Randomness
- 08/04/14--14:40: Getting Students to Engage in “Big Church” (main service)
- 08/05/14--12:27: Parent Meetings
- 08/06/14--08:57: Spotify Finally Worth It?
- 08/07/14--08:50: 3 Questions Every Leader Should Be Able To Answer
- 08/07/14--09:03: Leading (RIGHT) From The Heart!!!
This generation likes to whine. No surprise, right? Apparently Millennials also like to “wine.” According to FoxBusiness.com, Millenials are changing the wine industry: The Millennial generation, which includes the youngest legal drinkers, is consuming more wine than previous generations when they turned 21, and the industry is taking note…. “Historically, wine has been marketed to older generations […]
I am always looking for ways to connect with students, but in my ministry context it is hard to connect over the summer. Here are 5 “Summer Connecting” ideas to help you get touchpoints with your students during these sporadic few months. • Social Media Contest: Send out a tweet, Instagram pic, status update, or mass text […]
My husband and I got pregnant with our first baby almost immediately after getting married. It was a quick move from single, to married, to having a family in ministry. Within just 3 years after marriage, there were five of us. From the start we have understood that taking care of our marriage and our […]
Someone actually did this. It’s called “The Infinite Cat Project.” http://www.infinitecat.com/ First of all, I hate cats. Hang on… “hate” is a strong word. Allow me to clarify. I hate cats. For all the reasons that have already been covered by stand-up comics, as well as the fact that when I was eleven a cat attacked […]
I have never paid for a ringtone. Not that I am cheap, I just like creating things. I use the app Ringtone Designer. With Ringtone Designer you can create custom ringtones, text tones, and alerts from songs on your iPhone. It is simple to create and easy to install. If you like FREE, this is for you. If […]
If you didn’t get to read the first part click here. I just got back from summer camp and I’ve been hearing all week about all of the amazing conversations that happened. So in this post I really wanted to go practical, and give you a few ideas to noodle on. Now, all of these are a […]
Working with parents is one of the most critical (and often confusing) aspects of student ministry. The dynamics of this can be very complex, depending on one’s context. Some are in a context where parents are highly involved and can be overbearing with opinions. Others are in contexts where the vast majority of parents are […]
The new Share a Coke campaign has been blowing up. I see these Cokes all over social media, on TV, and in person…the drink has become a gift instead of an item on a grocery list. I found myself standing at a huge Coke bin sorting through bottle after bottle looking for a “Brandon.” I don’t even […]
The “untraditional family” has become the “traditional” family. The US Census indicates over 3 million grandparents in the US raising their grandchildren. I have found on some sites discussing the issue of “fatherlessness” that one in three children are born to a never married parent. We are encountering parents who are aunts, uncles, friends, fostering […]
Tempted much? Pay attention to this: When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and […]
This very well could be the coolest thing you’ve ever seen for parents (especially dads) or for summer youth group events…you’re welcome.
Just today I had a conversation with a church leader who said, “The reality is most parents just don’t engage.” Unfortunately, I have this conversation multiple times a week with various leaders in the local body of Believers. What’s always fun for me is to unpack how I feel as a parent. My kids are […]
Here is Ep.19 – You can catch the other episodes at the Youtube channel (Let’s Talk Youth Ministry). Kurt and I talk about the Fall, and we both give a few tips on things you should try in the Fall. Check it out!! Hope it helps, AC
Every church member has a secret agenda. That is, according to Chris Surber. A recent article he wrote highlights the top three by most adults: Preach things that affirm what I already believe. Don’t challenge my idols. Visit me when I’m sick whether I tell you or not. What about the secret agenda of students? […]
Just some stuff floating around my mind and my life… - Inadvertently “stepped in it” a little bit on a facebook thread yesterday, which I rarely do. Made me realize why I stay off Facebook threads! - Today, almost 500 junior highers (including my wife) loaded up the busses and headed to camp. I can’t […]
3 Word Sunday! Struggling to get your students to engage in “big church” (Main service, adult service, sanctuary, etc. whatever it is you call your inter-generational service)? Maybe your students feel like it’s really boring and completely irrelevant. How can you foster engagement in the service? Talk to your lead pastor and explain that […]
Groan. Roll eyes. I know you can’t get the parents of your students to show up at meetings. They don’t get permission slips in on time. UGH!! That used to be me until I changed my perspective. One day I came to the epiphany that I may want parents to come to my meetings […]
The long awaited EQ has found it’s way back into Spotify Premium on iPhone (yes, BACK…they had a beta EQ secretly built into a previous version a long time ago…too long ago…but now it’s officially in the app). The EQ is pretty good and even better if you have great headphone and your spotify quality cranked. To get […]
Jesus announced the Kingdom (or literally, God’s reign) being at hand in Mark 1:14-15. At it’s core, this is simply saying, “You are now seeing God’s reign firsthand in the life of a human being.” According to Jesus, this is the good news (or “gospel”) he declares for the world to believe in. Jesus was […]
I’ve just relaunched our student leadership program and it’s been a ton of fun. This is a program designed to help students lead within the ministry. I would encourage you to start something for your students that would allow them to lead in some capacity. I’m definitely not saying you need a traditional leadership program, […]